There are a number of fun places to eat or grab a drink in the immediate area of Brownsville that you can choose to dine-in or take-out. Unique to the area is that the restaurant options are not your standard national chains but local small businesses that work hard to provide good food and good experience. Some of our staff recommendations include:
Brownsville (Due to COVID-19, please check in advance of dine-in availability)
- Picker's Pub - American fare and drink. The restaurant is decorated in an amazing collection of antique signs collected by local business man Ron White. It is inviting, fun and good food. The best part is that it is only one block walk from the house. Americana at its best. Located at the corner of Bank and Market streets
- The Sandwich Shop - Another new establishment that serves breakfast and lunch with a great offering of soups and unique sandwiches that you can't get enough of, especially the chicken salad. Located in the center of historic Brownsville on Brown Street
- Fiddles - A historic 1950s dinner know historically for their hot dogs and many different toppings. It will take you back to the 1950 with original booths still sporting the carvings from the past six decades. Fiddles serves breakfast and lunch and is an essential stop during your stay. It is located on Market Street under the inter-county bridge
- The Route 40 Dinner - Another classic serving some of the best dinner food in the area. Try the homemade meatloaf dinner or sandwich which is made fresh daily. Located on Old Route 40 just outside of downtown.
- Ryes- A fun bar and restaurant with a special gift for giant chicken wings and other American fare. Located on the other side of the Monongahela River.
- Pepperonis Great place for breakfast or lunch located on old route 40
- Loggerheads located in California, PA is located right across from the river and has all-American menu and large selection of micro brewery beers
- Convenience Food - If you are looking for something quick, there are a number of the usual fast food places including McDonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Sheets, and others
- Riverside Market - Local food store on Old Route 40